Sunday, November 11, 2007

RAIN

Completely suffused in a cute ineffable emotion called Love!

It was one of those typically grey rainy mornings, cloudy and dark. The ones when the pillow suddenly becomes your inseparable bosom buddy and the beckoning arms of sleep never look more inviting. I was lying on my bed, loathe to the idea of giving up this veritable paradise. My eyes were open but not focused on anything in particular. It was not yet 7.  My mobile, which never leaves the side of my head, lights up and starts ringing.
It was she. A cute icon of beating hearts against sky blue backdrop announced her name in bold on the screen. I smiled as I groped for the green key to receive the call. Boy, it was not even morning!!
"Hullo?"
I dinn hear her cute voice ringing "Hey CP."
Instead, I heard the noise of water droplets hitting the wet ground. Trickling down from the leaves. The sound of rain.
There's something cute in listening to the sounds of rain, happening thousands of miles away, while you are lying in your bed. Outside my window, the slow trickle gradually settled into a steady downpour hitting the streets below. Far away, at her place, rain must have been stopped coz the sound grew dim.
"Did you hear it?"  She was laughing now.
"Yeah."
I smiled.
We both loved rain. We both were so crazy.

No comments: