Friday, February 27, 2009

when I woke up to the Coffee

Yesterday morning one of my friends [fondly called ‘patch’ by allegedly some people! Ahem! To me she remains the Captain Ditchpot for a thousand fold reasons!!] called up after ages, going bonkers on me for a call that lasted eleven long minutes.
[Conversations with self: I think I should stop trying to analyze psyche. Some people are one helluva complex puzzle which you ought not to touch with a 7-foot long barge pole ]
She directed me to this amazing blog, called Coffee and Stories, a very earnest attempt to write engaging pieces which attempts to capture slices of our everyday life. Very earnestly written, stories that you wanna lose yourself in, simply because you actually walk in the shoes of those unlucky protagonists. Fantastically brutal revelations of the mind that go beyond the ordinary levels and still stays very true to life. And invariably you finish the stories with a eerie melancholic yearning in your mind when you look up from the blog. I liked his style. No beat around the bush. Cut straight to the chase! true the characters are not always the best etched out and he’s actually left out corners and ends to be fleshed out later, but in a short story, you can only wield the brush for so long. But guess am truly a fan.
Thanks Captain Ditchpot!

No comments: