Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Budday Buddy

To M.
He turns 27 today. My oldest friend, and amazingly still my best friend. One of the craziest louts in the world who’s stood by me through thick and thin. One who dared to follow his dream while I deterred from that path. A self made person, who’s been defying all the odds to still stick to it and yet have that sparkle in his eyes.
We grew up together, having known each other from Class II. He shares all the bad qualities with me (being the quintessential Gemini, and yet being far removed from that star sign!) and like me, has undergone lotta ups and downs in life that’s embittered him and yet left him tempered and strong. Among others, a painful heartbreak ( I told ye, he’s a mirror image of mine in a lot of ways) and a struggling career yet to hit the accelerator, but am sure he’s gonna hit it big. Doctor by profession (The first in my friends’ circle and the only one that I think I need! Ahem maybe the second, if the girl I get hitched to turns out to be one of those hapless doctors. Grin!), he’s passionate about cutting up people. And vows to learn everything about the intricacies of the human anatomy. In spite of being the drop-dead handsome hunk, he still hasn’t hitched up after the heartbreak ( I told you, he’s a mirror image yet again!) and of late, studies from day break until night fall, straight 16 hours a day. I have personally never seen a diligently crazier persistent fellow, and I sincerely pray, he cracks his dreams this time around.
To M. For being the man he is. Half of what I can only aspire to be.
To the best of friendship. All those rare binge sessions we’ve had, blitzed out of our skulls on fire and water, the times spent on Kottakunnu gazing at nothing but the clouds, the science institute classes, the ‘chakkars’ at School and lots more to come.
Dude, You the Man!! Happy Budday Buddy.

No comments: