Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Return of the A.

My life be a rollercoaster of emotional overload and short circuits for some time now.
Yesterday I had two long conversations. First of course was with you-know-who (the past who’s now fast becoming the ‘past’ in all senses), surprising? Welcome to the insanities of my life. But the next one takes the cake.
My beshtest friend from school, from whom I had drifted apart a long time ago, makes her entry back with a bang. One of the best conversations that I’ve had with someone in a real long time. You lose some, you win some. I’m now feeling liberated, I told ye guys that right? And to be free, is like no other. And A. (we actually grew up together, doing all the possible good stuff that kids in school do, and were inseparable until of course college happened. We of course were in touch, but the old touch of magic was missing from our friendship, the one that makes it exalted and beautiful.) summed it up in the most sensible words ever.
“Enough, Sach. I think it’s about time you got girls off your head, and be a little independent and free for some time now.” My admiration for her grew by leaps and bounds, A. had really matured in the years that I never really noticed flew past.
For the first time in years since I left school, yesterday the conversation sparkled. Fizzled and bubbled over. And never stopped. And I loved every moment of it. Hail the return of the A.
As I said, you win some, you lose some. I’m glad I lost some. Because it brings back ghosts to life. And I realized I had always loved those ghosts :-)

1 comment:

Samir Desai said...

One thing u learn when such things happen.. When skies get dark and yet you dont see a silver lining then its time to buy a silver color pen and start drawing one urself!

(awesome stuff eh..proud of myself)

Go for A! ha ha ha